- The two-day annual Yelagiri Summer Festival has started at Yelagiri hills in Vellore district, Tamil Nadu on May 27, 2017.
- The 43rd edition of G7 summit has started at Taorminain Sicily, Italy on May 26, 2017.
- Iconic attraction of India Taj Mahal has emerged as the 5th most popular landmark in the world and 2nd in Asia, according to the online travel portal TripAdvisor’s ‘Travellers’ Choice Awards for Landmarks.
- The Pune city police have won the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industries (FICCI) Smart Police Award for the year 2017 for their initiatives on women and cyber security.
- The Kerala Tourism has won the ‘Best Destination for Romance’ for Munnar hill station by the magazine ‘Lonely Planet’ at its 6th edition of ‘India Travel Award 2017’ in Mumbai on May 25
- The book “Mann Ki Baat: a social revolution on radio” is a compilation of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s addresses to the nation on radio every month under the programme ‘Mann Ki Baat’.The book is authored by Rajesh Jain
- The Royal Manas National Park is the oldest national park of Bhutan covers eastern Sarpang District, the western half of Zhemgang District, and western Pemagatshel District
- The Indo-Thailand Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) “Siam Bharat 17” table top exercise has held at Chiang Mai, Thailand from May 22 to 26 May 2017 between the Indian Air Force and Royal Thailand Air Force (RTAF).