- The 2017 World Table Tennis Championships (WTTC) has started at Dusseldorf, Germany on May 29 with the Qualification matches. The main draw will start from May 20.
- South Korea has won the 15th edition of the Sudirman Cup-2017 by defeating China in the final with a 3-2 win Carrara Sports and Leisure Centre in Australia on May 28, 2017.
- C A Bhavani Devi from India won the gold medal in the sabre event of the Tournoi Satellite Fencing Championship held at Reykjavik in Iceland on May 27, 2017.
- Ananya Kamboj, an 8th standard student from Chandigarh, has been selected to represent India as a young journalist at the Football for Friendship (F4F) social programme in St. Petersburg, Russia in July 2017.
- The construction of the world’s largest optical telescope has started in northern Chile, which is expected to begin operating in 2024.
- Satyabrata Rout, a professor from the Department of Theatre Arts, S N School of Arts and Communication, University of Hyderabad (UoH), has been bestowed with the Sangeet Natak Akademi Puraskar for the year 2016
- According to the latest report of World Bank titled “’India Development Report”, India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is expected to grow at 7.2% for FY18 (2017-18)