- India has been ranked 120th among 131 countries in women workforce, as per recently released World Bank (WB)’s India Development Report (IDR)
- The World No Tobacco Day (WNTD) is observed every year on May 31 to encourage a 24-hour period of abstinence from all forms of tobacco consumption around the globe.
- The Punjab National Bank (PNB) has got $100 million Asian Development Bank (ADB) loan to finance solar rooftop projects in India.
- The Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) has signed MoU with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for fodder assessment using satellite observation and space technology. GCMMF markets its products under the brand name of ‘Amul’.
- Dasari Narayana Rao (75), the renowned Telugu filmmaker and former Union minister, has recently passed away in Hyderabad on May 30, 2017.
- George Kurian, a BJP leader and ‘social and educational activist’ from Kerala, has become the new vice chairperson of National Commission for Minorities (NCM).
- The 2017 India Mobile Congress (IMC) will be held at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi from September 27-29 to attract investments from global players in the telecom and mobile phone manufacturing sectors.