- India has recently signed a loan agreement of $36 million with the World Bank (WB) for Himachal Pradesh Public Financial Management Capacity Building Programme
- Tapan Ray, the 1982 batch Gujarat cadre IAS officer and currently the corporate affairs secretary, has taken additional charge as the new Economic Affairs Secretary
- The 2nd annual meeting of the board of governors of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) will be held in Jeju, South Korea from June 14-15, 2017
- Ram Shankar Katheria, a BJP MP from Agra, has been appointed as the new chairman of National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC) for a period of three years.
- India’s first ‘freight village’ will be developed by the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit will be held in Astana, Kazakhstan on June 8-9, 2017.
- The World Milk Day (WMD) is observed every year on June 1 by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) to recognise the importance of milk as a global food.
- The Sri Venkateshwara National Park is located at Chittoor and Cuddapah districts in Andhra Pradesh