- The World Environment Day (WED) is observed every year on June 5 to raise awareness about forests and wider issues of environmental protection.
- Bhamidipati Sai Praneeth from India has won the Men’s Singles Crown in the Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament
- Real Madrid has won the 2017 UEFA Champions League football competition by defeating Juventus 4–1 in the final.
- India’s first smartcard-based Public Bicycle Sharing (PBS) initiative has launched in Mysuru, Karnataka on June 4, 2017
- Ranjit Kumar is the present Solicitor General of India, whose tenure has been extended by the Government of India (GoI).
- The World Bank (WB) in its latest report “Global Economic Prospects (GEP)” has projected India’s GDP growth rate at 7.5% in 2018 and 7.7% in 2019.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully launched its 3136 kg GSAT-19 communication satellite with its brand new and heaviest – Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark-III D-1 (GSLV-Mk III D-1) satellite into Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO) from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh on June 5, 2017.
- The Abohar Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the Fazilka District of Punjab.