- The Reserve Bank of India has kept repo rate unchanged at 6.25% in its second bi-monthly monetary policy review. Reverse Repo rate has been kept unchanged at 6%. The RBI has cut the Statutory Liquidity Ratio (SLR) by 50 basis points to 20%.
- The world’s first hybrid ‘aeroboat’ which has been built by an Indo-Russian joint venture has been unveiled at a start-ups event organized by Russia’s state-run Skolkovo Foundation.
- India signed a USD 39.2 million loan agreement with the World Bank for the ‘citizen-centric service delivery’ project in Assam.
- India has signed an agreement with Sri Lanka to provide USD 318 million as line of credit for developing Sri Lanka’s railway sector.
- Union Health Minister J P Nadda launched the ‘Skills for Life, Save a Life initiative to promote skill development in the health sector
- Government will appoint Nyaya Mitras across the country to expedite the cases pending for last 10 years in lower courts.
- Nepali Congress leader Sher Bahadur Deuba elected as Nepal’s prime minister for the fourth time.
- Montenegro Becomes NATO’s 29th member.
- Proposed merger between Aadhar Housing Finance and DHFL Vysya Housing Finance has got the nod from housing finance regulator National Housing Bank