- The second edition of National Health Editors’ Conference on Yoga was inaugurated by Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik in New Delhi.
- India has signed the OECD multilateral convention that aims to check cross-border tax evasion by multinational companies
- India and the UN Office for South- South Cooperation have launched a partnership fund that will support sustainable development projects across the developing world
- In an effort to curb antibiotic resistance, the World Health Organization has divided the drugs into three categories — access, watch and reserve
- 17th Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Summit began in Astana, Kazakhstan.India, Pakistan, China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan are its members. It is headquartered in Beijing, China
- Microsoft acquires Hexadite.
- Rohan Bopanna lifted his maiden Grand Slam title by winning the French Open mixed doubles trophy with Canadian partner Gabriela Dabrowski
- Sri Lanka’s most successful bowler in Tests and one-day internationals Muttiah Muralitharan was inducted into ICC Hall of Fame