- Indian shooters Jitu Rai and Heena Sidhu have clinched the gold medal in mixed team 10m air pistol event by defeating Russian pair in the final at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) World Cup Rife/Pistol stage held at Gabala, Azerbaijan.
- Lewis Hamilton has won the 2017 Formula 1 Canadian Grand Prix tournament Canadian Grand Prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Canada.
- The Punjab government will start free mortuary van service for it’s’ citizens in the state.
- The water conservation model “Project Jal Sanchay” has been selected for the national award for excellence in the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Programme (MGNREGP). The award will be conferred at a function held at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on June 19, 2017. The model is adopted successfully by the authorities in Nalanda district of south central Bihar.
- India’s first underwater metro tunnel will come up in Kolkata, West Bengal, which will pass through the Hooghly River.
- Jelena Ostapenk, a Latvian professional tennis player, has won the 2017 French Open Women’s Singles Tennis Tournament
- India has signed a pact with Mauritius to institutionalize cooperation between Parliaments of the two countries.
- The book “Indira Gandhi – A life in nature” presents the former prime minister’s life as a naturalist and examines how she steered India’s conservation policy, which is authored by Jairam Ramesh, the senior Congress leader and former Environment Minister .