- The Nalanda University has signed MoU with South Korea’s Academy of Korean Studies for academic linkages and collaborations in Patna,
- The Union Home Ministry has constituted an expert committee to examine methods to curb the misuse of free movement along the Myanmar border. The committee will be headed by Rina Mitra
- Padmalaya Nanda (12) from India has created history by becoming the youngest girl to bag the “Little Miss Universe Internet 2017”, “Little Miss Universe Grand Prix” and “Little Miss Actress” crowns at the Little Miss Universe 2017 beauty contest at port city of Batumi in Georgia, United States.
- Delhi Metro Railway Corporation (DMRC) Principal Adviser E. Sreedharan has been bestowed with the 2017 Nanniyode Rajan Memorial Award for his contributions to the development of the country.
- The 2nd edition of bilateral maritime exercise ‘AUSINDEX-17’ has started between Indian Navy and Royal Australian Navy in Fremantle, Australia from June 13 to increase inter-operability and cooperation between the two forces.
- Cirrus Aircraft, the US-based aviation company, has launched the world’s smallest and cheapest private jet ‘Vision Jet’ at Rs.12.6 Crore. The Jet can haul five adults up to 1,150 miles at 28,000 feet.
- The world’s biggest and most important trade fair for food and beverage trade “ANUGA 2017” will be held in Cologne, Germany on October 7, 2017. The acronym of ANUGA is Allgemeine Nahrungs- und Genussmittel-Ausstellung ( or General Food and Non essential Provisions Exhibition). India will be co-partner country in ANUGA 2017
- The Valmiki National Park (VNP) is located in the West Champaran district of Bihar