- The Union Health Ministry has launched an Intensified Diarrhea Control Fortnight (IDCF) across the country to reduce child deaths due to diarrhoea.
- Dr. Neeru Chadha has become the first Indian woman to be elected as the judge of the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) for a nine-year term from 2017 to 2026.
- Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan has inaugurated the 16th North East Region Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (NERCPA) Conference at Imphal in Manipur on June 15, 2017.
- India has topped the global remittance-receiving list of 2016, as per the latest United Nations report ‘One Family at a Time’.
- The Sikkim government has signed MoU with the British Council to increase quality of education in the state.
- The 2017 G7 Environment Ministers Meetings was held in Bologna, Italy on June 11-12.
- The book titled “Yug Purush, Bharat Ratna, Atal Ji” is based on the on the social and political life of former Prime Minister of India Atal Bhihari Vajpayee. It is authored by Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank”.
- The Telangana government has launched Pashu Bazar website for online cattle sale.
- The three state-run Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) – Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) and Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) have signed an agreement to jointly set up the world’s largest refinery and petrochemical complex at Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra at a cost of $40 billion.