- The first-ever BRICS Games has started at the Guangzhou Baiyun International Convention Center in Guangzhou, China on June 17, 2017.
- The Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal has launched Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) 2017 in New Delhi to prescribe the energy performance standards for new commercial buildings to be constructed across India.
- The iconic Taj Mahal Palace hotel of Mumbai has acquired an `image trademark’ under the Trademark Act of 1999.
- The World Refugee Day (WRD) is observed every year on June 20 to honor the courage, strength and determination of women, men and children who are forced to flee their homeland under threat of persecution, conflict and violence.
- The Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) has appointed Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan as new brand ambassador for Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- The Union Minister for Science & Technology Dr. Harsh Vardhan has launched a mobile app “Celebrating Yoga” in New Delhi to connect people through Yoga for scientific healthy living.
- India has re-nominated Justice Dalveer Bhandari as its candidate for another term as judge at the International Court of Justice (ICJ).
- The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) has appointed Syrian refugee Muzoon Almellehan as its newest and youngest Goodwill Ambassador on World Refugee Day (WRD) on June 20, 2017.