- The Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute (RIMYI), Pune has been selected as the first recipient of the Prime Minister’s Award for outstanding contribution to promotion and development of Yoga.
- The International Yoga Day (IYD) is celebrated every year on June 21 to highlight the fact that yoga can contribute in a holistic way to achieving an equilibrium between mind and body.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed a loan agreement of $275 million with Government of India (GOI) for improving urban services in 64 small towns in Madhya Pradesh.
- India has recently signed a historical agreement with Portugal to promote cooperation in the field of archives in Lisbon, Portugal.
- India’s first indigenously built Floating Dock (FDN-2) for the Indian Navy has launched at the L&T Shipbuilding Yard at Kattupalli near Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The Punjab Government has recently announced free education for girls in Government Schools and colleges from Nursery to PhD for women empowerment.
- Indian agricultural microbiologist Dr. Shrihari Chandraghatgi, the President and CEO of EcoCycle Corporation, has been conferred with the 2017 Ministry of Environment Award in Japan for developing cutting edge technologies to address burning environmental problem.
- Rajiv Gauba, the 1982 batch IAS officer of Jharkhand cadre, will be the new home secretary in the union ministry for home affairs.
- The Lahugala Kitulana National Park is one of the smallest national parks in Sri Lanka.