- India has recently contributed $500,000 to the UN Peace building Fund (PBF) to boost efforts of United Nations for building and sustaining peace across the world
- Kottayan Katankot Venugopal (86), a noted constitutional expert and senior advocate, has been appointed as the new Attorney General of India with effect from June 30, 2017 and shall have a tenure of 3 years. He succeeded Mukul Rohatgi.
- Two Indian-Americans, Adobe Chief Shantanu Narayen and former US Surgeon General Vivek Murthy will be honoured with the prestigious 2017 Great Immigrants: The Pride of America” award on US’s Independence Day on July 4, 2017.
- Vijay Gokhale, a 1981 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, has been appointed as the new Secretary (Economic Relations) in the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- RK Pachnanda, the 1983 batch IPS officer of the West Bengal cadre, has taken charge as the new Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and will have tenure with ITBP till October 31, 2018.
- Simone Veil (89), the iconic European feminist politician, has passed away on June 30, 2017 in Paris, France. Veil played a leading role in legalizing contraception and abortion in France. She was the first female President of the European parliament since the Parliament was created in 1952.
- The Hyderabad-based astrologer and numerologist TS Vineeth Bhatt has been conferred with the ‘Best astrologer of the world’ award at the Russian-Indian economic dialogue round-table meet held in Moscow.
- Godrej Group Chairman Adi Godrej and Dow Chemical CEO Andrew Liveries have been awarded the 2017 Global Leadership Awards of the US-India Business Council (USIBC) at the USIBC 42nd Anniversary Leadership Summit in Washington DC for their role in integrating India in the global supply chain