- The Government of India (GoI) has signed a $220 million loan agreement with Asian Development Bank (ADB) for improving road connectivity as well as transport efficiency and safety on state highways of Rajasthan.
- Ana Brnabic, an independent politician, has become the first openly gay person and the first female Prime Minister of Serbia. She succeeded Ivica Dacic on June 29, 2017.
- Jehan Daruvala of Sahara Force India Academy has become the first Indian driver to win in the FIA Formula 3 European Championship in Race 3 at the Nuremberg circuit on July 2, 2017
- India has ranked 88th with 676 million Swiss francs (about Rs 4,500 crore) in terms of money parked by its citizens with Swiss banks, according to an analysis by the Swiss National Bank (SNB) for 2016-end.
- The National Multi Commodity Exchange (NMCE) will merge with Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX) to create India’s third largest commodities exchange. The merger, which is subject to regulatory approval, is expected to be completed by December 2017
- Pinarayi Vijayan, the Chief Minister of Kerala, has launched G-Ride, a digital ride sharing app for techies.
- Swayam Shikshan Prayog (SSP), a Pune-based NGO, has won the 2017 United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)’s Equator Prize for its women led climate resilient agro-ecological farming model and innovative solutions in climate resilient farming in the Marathwada region of India.
- The 9th edition of Delhi Dialogue has started with theme “ASEAN-India Relations: Charting the Course for the Next 25 Years” in New Delhi on July 4, 2017.
- The Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR) is located at the Chandrapur district of Maharashtra state.