- The 3rd edition of International conference on sports “CII ScoreCard 2017” has started at Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi on July 6-7, 2017, which is organized by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Sports
- The Odisha government has signed an Expression of Intent (EOI) with the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and Athletics Federation of India (AFI) to establish a High Performance Academy in Bhubaneswar on July 6, 2017.
- India’s leading cueist Pankaj Advani teamed up with Laxman Rawat to demolish Pakistan in the final of the Asian Team Snooker Championship by 3-0 in Bishskek, Kyrgyszstan on July 5, 2017.
- The 12th edition of G20 summit will be held at Hamburg in Germany on July 7, 2017 with theme “Shaping an interconnected world”. In the 2-day summit, from India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lead the Indian Delegation at the G20 meet with a firm message on the global menace of terrorism.
- Pradeep Kumar Rawat, the IFS officer of 1990 batch, has been appointed as the new Ambassador of India to Indonesia.
- The 7th BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) Health Ministers Meeting has started in Tianjin, China on July 6, 2017 with focus on international cooperation on the development of traditional medicine.
- The Energy Resources Institute (TERI) has been ranked 2nd among best climate think tank in the world. The rankings were released by the International Centre for Climate Governance (ICCG), which focuses on the design of climate policy and related governance issues.