- India has been ranked 23rd out of 165 nations in the 2017 Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI), which is released by the UN telecommunications agency International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- The host nation India bagged 7 medals including two gold to sit atop the medal tally on the day one of the 22nd Asian Athletics Championships at Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha on July 6, 2017. Long distance runner Govindan Laxman has won gold in men’s 5000m race, while Manpreet Kaur won gold medal with a career second best throw of 18.28m in the women’s shotput event.
- The Union Government has officially launched a student- scientist connect programme “Jigyasa” in New Delhi to develop interest among students to pursue science
- India’s first university only for Dalit students will come up in Hyderabad by 2018 as part of the Telangana government’s policy of free education to students from weaker sections from kindergarten to post-graduation (KG to PG) level
- According to the latest report of BMI Research, India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth is expected to grow at 6.9% for FY 18 (2017-18).
- Indus OS, the domestic android-based mobile operating system, has partnered with YES Bank to launch an OS-integrated UPI payment platform in India.
- The 2017 Malabar trilateral naval exercise has started between India, United States and Japan in the Bay of Bengal from July 7-17, 2017 to address the variety of shared threats to maritime security in the Indo-Asia Pacific.
- The 5th edition of BRICS Education Ministers’ Meeting-2017 was held on July 5, 2017 at Beijing, China. The Indian delegation was led by Prakash Javadekar, the Union Minister of Human Resource Development (HRD)
- The Karian Shola National Park (KSNP) is is located at the southern end of the Western Ghats, in the Anaimalai Hills in Tamil Nadu.