- Bhumika Sharma from Uttarakhand has won the 2017 Miss World title in BodyBuilding Championship in Venice, Italy.
- Desh Bandhu Gupta (79), the founder and chairman of pharmaceutical major Lupin Ltd, has passed away on June 25, 2017 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Manushi Chhillar from Haryana has won the 54th edition of Femina Miss India World 2017 at Yash Raj Studios in Mumbai, Maharashtra on June 25, 2017.
- The Union ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD) has appointed a new nine-member committee to work on a new National Education Policy (NEP). The former ISRO chief Dr. K Kasturirangan will head the committee on NEP.
- Indian film ‘Sultan’ has won the best action movie award at the Shanghai International Film Festival (SIFF).
- The United Nations’ (UN) International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is observed every year on June 26
- Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth has won the Australian Open Super Series Badminton trophy by defeating former world number one and Rio Olympics Gold medalist Chen Long in the final by 22-20, 21-16 in Sydney on June 25. 2017
- The Indian-origin Sikh human rights advocate, Palbinder Kaur Shergill has been appointed a judge at the Supreme Court of British Columbia in New Westminster
- Yashaswini Singh Deswal from Chandigarh has bagged gold in the Women’s 10m Air Pistol competition at the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World Rifle/Pistol Championship in Suhl, Germany