- Mihai Tudose, the former economy minister, has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Romania and is expected to take office on June 29, 2017
- Dr. Srinivas Gokulnath from Maharashtra has created history by becoming the first Indian to complete the 4,900-km Race Across America (RAAM) in solo 18-59 age category, which is considered to be the toughest cycle race in the world. He completed the race in 11 days, 18 hours and 45 minutes.
- The World Bank has cleared a $250-million loan to aid the Skill India mission. The loan amount would be used for making Indian youth more employable through reskilling
- Narinder Nath Vohra, the Governor of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K), has been appointed as the new President of the India International Centre (IIC), which is one of the premier cultural institutions in the country
- The book titled ‘The Emergency – Indian Democracy’s Darkest Hour’ has been authored by Surya Prakash, the chairman of Prasar Bharati.
- The 3rd edition of Whatashort Independent International Film Festival (WIIFF) will be held at the Instituto Cervantes in New Delhi from July 8-9, 2017 to promote short films from across the globe
- Roger Federer, a Swiss professional tennis player, has won the 2017 Gerry Weber Open tennis tournament by defeating Alexander Zverev in final by 6-1 6-3 at the Gerry Weber Stadion in Halle, Germany.
- P V Sindhu, an ace shuttler and Rio Olympics silver medallist, will be conferred with the best Sportsperson of the Year Award by the Sports Journalists Federation of India (SJFI)