- The 15th meeting of the Foreign Ministers of BIMSTEC countries has started in Kathmandu, Nepal from August 10, 2017. Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC)
- Rinku Hooda (18) from India has won silver in the F46 javelin throw event at the World U-20 Para Athletics Championships in Nottwil, Switzerland on August 7, 2017.
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Google India has launched Android Skill Development programme to impart mobile development training on the Android and Web platform and to improve the quality of mobile app development ecosystem in India.
- Yogi Adityanath, the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, has launched a new awareness drive called Namami Gange Jagriti Yatra from his official residence in state capital Lucknow.
- The Gujarat government has recently issued a tender for power developers to receive cheap coal marked for the state in return for selling coal-based power at less than Rs 2.82 a unit. Through the auction, Gujarat will transfer the coal allocated to power generating stations owned by Gujarat State Electricity Corporation (GSECL) to more fuel-efficient private power plants.
- The Parliamentary Panel headed by Maj. General (Retired) B C Khanduri has recently tabled its report in Parliament. In the report, the panel has recommended the 100% pension to widow of deceased soldier so that she can take care of her family.
- Upendra Kushwaha, the Minister of State for Human Resource Development, has launched the NCERT’s Web portal for supply of textbooks to schools and individuals at a function in New Delhi on August 9, 2017.
- Bollywood actor Sitaram Panchal (54), who was best known for his acts in Bandit Queen and Peepli Live, has passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra on August 10, 2017.
- Real Madrid, a professional football club of Spain, has won the 2017 UEFA Super Cup football tournament by defeating Manchester United in the final by 2-1 at the Philip II Arena in Skopje, Macedonia, on August 8, 2017.