- The 8th edition of the SAARC Ministers of Law and Order (Interior/ Home Affairs) has started in Colombo, Sri Lanka on July 11, 2017
- Arun Jaitley, the Union Finance Minister, has launched a new tax payer service module ‘Aaykar Setu’ in New Delhi on July 10, 2017
- The Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Government of West Bengal to formalize its support to set up a state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence in Transfusion Medicine, also known as Metro Blood Bank, at Kolkata
- Mangesh Tendulkar (82), the renowned cartoonist, has passed away in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The World Population Day (WPD) is observed every year on July 11
- Danfoss India, the Climate and energy efficiency solutions company, has been conferred with the ‘Golden Peacock Award’ for Environment Management at the 19th World Congress on Environment Management’ in Hyderabad.
- Dr John Joseph, a 1983 batch officer of Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), has been appointed Director General of Goods and Services Tax Intelligence (DG GSTI).
- The Karnataka government will organize the 2017 International conference “Reclaiming Social Justice, Revisiting Ambedkar” from July 21 at the University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS) in Bengaluru to mark the 126th birth anniversary of Dr B R Ambedkar.
- Valtteri Bottas, a Finnish racing driver currently competing in Formula One with Mercedes, has won the 2017 Formula One Austrian Grand Prix tournament at Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria