- Maharashtra has become the first Indian state to provide women an injectable contraceptive for free. The state’s public health department launched a programme “Antara” on July 10, 2017 to cover Pune, Mumbai, Raigad, Nandurbar, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Sangli, Ratnagiri, and Beed
- Axis Bank has tied up with Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC) to facilitate trade with Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Subhash C. Garg, a 1983 batch lAS officer of Rajasthan cadre, has taken charge as the new secretary of the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) in the finance ministry.
- Dr Mukul Sangma, the Chief Minister of Meghalaya, has recently launched a flagship programme ‘Livelihood Intervention and Facilitation of Entrepreneurship’ (LIFE) at Songsak in East Garo Hills for the state on July 11, 2017.
- The 22nd edition of World Petroleum Congress (WPC) International Conference has started in Istanbul, Turkey from July 10 – 12, 2017
- Rajasthan has become the India’s first State to lay down the minimum educational qualifications for contesting elections to village cooperative societies and various other cooperative bodies.
- The Karnataka Government has constituted a 9-member committee to study and submit a report to the government on the possibility of designing a separate flag for Karnataka and providing it a statutory standing.
- Milkha Singh, also known as The Flying Sikh, has been honoured with the 2017 Maruti Suzuki Living Legend of the Year award
- Rcently, the Indian Railways Organization for Alternate Fuel (IROAF) has won the 2017 Golden Peacock Award for Eco-Innovation for introducing eco-friendly and cost-saving Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) based Dual Fuel 1400 HP Diesel engines on Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) trains.