- Indonesia has renamed the northern reaches of its exclusive economic zone in the South China Sea as the North Natuna Sea on July 14, 2017
- Indian Railways has launched an integrated mobile app “Rail Saarthi” to cater to all kinds of passenger requirements, which includes ticket booking, inquiry, onboard cleaning and ordering a meal on a single platform
- Bilal Dar (18), an 18-year-old ragpicker of Laharwarpora in Bandipora district, has been appointed the new brand ambassador of the Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC).
- Lilly Singh, an Indian-origin Canadian YouTube star, has been appointed as the new UNICEF’s Global Goodwill Ambassador at a special event in New Delhi.
- India’s first solar-powered 1600 HP Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) broad gauge train has launched from Safdarjung railway station to promote clean and renewable energy.
- The World Youth Skills Day (WYSD) is observed every year on July 15
- Sundar Singh Gurjar from India has won gold in the men’s javelin throw with a personal best of 60.36 metre at the 2017 World Para Athletics Championships in London, United Kingdom (UK).
- The book “President’s Lady” (Pranaber Preyosi) has been authored by Sangeeta Ghosh, which is recently released at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.