- The 9-judge Constitution bench of the Supreme Court (SC) headed by Chief Justice J S Khehar will determine whether the right to privacy is a fundamental right or not under the Constitution.
- TR Zeliang, a leader of the Nagaland People’s Front, has been sworn-in as the new chief minister of Nagaland by the Governor PB Acharya on July 19, 2017.
- The Ministry of Science and Technology (S&T) has launched a low-cost indigenous newborn hearing screening device “Sohum” in New Delhi to detect a congenital hearing loss in newborns.
- Amit Saroha of India has won silver in the club throw event in the F-51 category (below waist paraplegic category) at the 2017 World Para Athletics Championships in London, United Kingdom (UK).
- Internationally-acclaimed senior kathak dancer Dr. Pandit Nandakishore Kapote has recently conferred with a fellowship by the Department of Culture, Government of India (GoI).
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has recently launched mAadhaar app for mobile users that will allow users to carry unique identification profile on mobile.
- Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi, the UAE Minister of State for Tolerance, has topped a poll of the most powerful Arab women in government 2017