- The Union Cabinet has recently given ex-post facto approval for insurance regulator IRDAI’s admission as a signatory to IAIS Multilateral Memorandum of Understanding (MMoU) due to increasing integration of financial markets.
- Veteran BJP leader LK Advani has received the Lifetime Achievement (LTA) award for his contributions as a parliamentarian in the Lok Sabha (LS). JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav got the Lifetime Achievement Award as a Rajya Sabha MP.
- The Telangana government has launched an innovative programme “Janahitha” to receive complaints from public through a special portal.
- The Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change has recently approved the proposals for climate adaptation projects submitted by Rajasthan, Gujarat and Sikkim.
- According to the supplement of Asian Development Bank (ADB) Outlook 2017, India is expected to achieve the projected growth rate of 7.4% in 2017 and 7.6% in 2018
- Naveen Patnaik, the Chief Minister of Odisha, has recently dedicated the state’s longest road bridge “Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Setu” to the nation
- Fanaceso Totti, the legendary Italian footballer, has finally confirmed his retirement from professional football on July 17, 2017
- The global food fair “World Food India 2017” will be held in New Delhi on November 3-5, 2017 to boost food sector. The fair will be organized by the Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI).
- The Nameri National Park (NNP) is located in the foothills of the eastern Himalayas in the Sonitpur District of Assam that covers an area of 200km2. The forest has over 600 species