- Maneka Gandhi, the Union Minister for Women and Child Development, has launched an online complaint system ” Sexual Harassment e-box (SHe-Box)” for registering sexual harassment complaints at workplace in New Delhi on July 24, 2017.
- Dharmendra Pradhan, the Union Petroleum Minister, has launched the India’s first petroleum Research & Development (R&D) facility for testing high-end BS-VI quality fuel emissions in Faridabad in the National Capital Region (NCR)
- India and Bangladesh have signed a pact to connect both the countries by waterways.
- The 2017 Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships have started at the Nepal Army Sports Complex in Kathmandu, Nepal on July 23, 2017.
- Indian Shuttler H S Prannoy has won the 2017 US Open Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament title by defeating his compatriot Parupalli Kashyap at Anaheim, California.
- The National Broadcasting Day (NBD) is celebrated every year on July 23 because on this day, in 1927, the radio broadcasting was started in India.
- Dr. Udupi Ramachandra Rao (85), the internationally acclaimed space scientist and former Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman, has passed away in Bengaluru, Karnataka on July 24, 2017.
- Raveesh Kumar, a 1995-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, has been appointed as the new spokesperson of Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)
- Kiren Rijiju, the Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, has inaugurated the Research Institution of World Ancient, Traditional, Culture & Heritage (RIWATCH) Museum at Roing in Arunachal Pradesh on July 22, 2017.