- India will host the men’s World Boxing Championship for the first time in 2021 besides women’s World Boxing Championship in 2018
- India has been ranked 132nd among 152 nations in a new global Commitment to Reducing Inequality (CRI) index, which was prepared by international NGO Oxfam and Development Finance International (DFI)\
- The Union Government has launched the mobile phone app “Aarambh” to simplify the maintenance management of rural roads
- The Lucknow Metro will become the India’s first metro to have its own FM radio station along with a collaboration with private radio station to provide information regarding metro safety as well as on and off board entertainment.
- India skipper Mithali Raj has been chosen as the captain of the ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 team by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
- Prof Yash Pal (90), the internationally acclaimed physicist and higher education reformer, has passed away in Noida in Uttar Pradesh on July 25, 2017.
- Indian weightlifter Konsam Ormila Devi has bagged a gold medal at the Asian Youth and Junior Weightlifting Championships in Kathmandu, Nepal.