- The BRICS NSAs meeting has started in Beijing, China on July 27, 2017, which will be attended by Ajit Doval, the National Security Advisor (NSA) of India.
- The Madras High Court has ruled that the national song ‘Vande Mataram’ be made compulsory in all educational institutions and government or private organisations in Tamil Nadu
- N. Dharam Singh (80), the former Karnataka Chief Minister and veteran Congress leader, has recently passed away in Bengaluru 80.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has recently inaugurated the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam memorial at Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu on July 27, 2017.
- Nitish Kumar, the President of Janata Dal(United), has been sworn-in as the new Chief Minister of Bihar for the sixth time and BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi was sworn-in as the Deputy Chief Minister.
- Indian delegation led by Bandaru Dattatreya, the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Labour & Employment, participated in the BRICS Labour & Employment Ministers’ Meet, held on July 26-27, 2017 at Chonqging, China
- The Goods and Service Tax (GST) Council has formed a selection committee under the chairmanship of cabinet secretary Pradeep Kumar Sinha to identify and recommend eligible persons for appointment as the chairman and members of the National Anti-profiteering Authority under GST.
- Professor K. Gopalan has been honoured with the Life Time Excellence Award at the 2017 National Earth System Sciences (NESS) awards for his significant contribution in the field of isotope geo-science.