- The Punjab government has launched its flagship health scheme “Care Companion Programme (CCP)” to educate family members of patient about taking better care of patients.
- The Telangana prisons department has come up with first of its kind offer to rent out its jails to other states to lodge their convicts from 2018.
- The 7th edition of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Artists Camp and Exhibition of Paintings has started at Kathmandu, Nepal on July 28, 2017.
- The Canara Bank has launched its first digital banking branch “CANDI” at Spencer Towers in MG Road, Bengaluru to provide an end-to-end digital experience to customers.
- The 2018 Asian Football Confederation (AFC) U-19 championship will be hosted by Indonesia, which is scheduled to be held from October 18 to November 4, 2018.
- The Delhi Metro has become the world’s first completely ‘green’ Metro system for adhering to green building norms for its residential colonies.
- The International Tiger Day (ITD) is observed every year on July 29 to raise awareness for tiger conservation.
- Iran has successfully launched an advanced satellite-carrying rocket ‘Simorgh’ into space from the Imam Khomeini National Space Station in Semnan on July 27, 2017.