- India’s first-ever mega trade event for the textiles sector has inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar, Gujarat on June 30, 2017.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lead the Indian Delegation at the 12th edition of G20 Summit, which is scheduled to be held at Hamburg in Germany on July 7-8, 2017.
- Rajiv Kumar, the 1981-batch IAS officer of the Uttar Pradesh cadre, has been appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh.
- The Uttarakhand state has been conferred with the award of excellence at the 2nd edition of Global Skill Development Summit (GSDM) – 2017 in Paris, France on June 23, 2017 for innovations and extensive use of IT for skill developments the state’s youth
- Dr Jitendra Singh, the Minister of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Personnel, has launched a new training programme Online Modified Modules on Induction Training (COMMIT) for State Government officials.
- The Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has signed an agreement with Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd (KHI) of Japan to manufacture stainless steel coaches and bogies for metro rail.
- The National Statistics Day (NSD) is celebrated every year in India on June 29 to create public awareness about importance of statistics in socio-economic planning and policy formulation.
- Raghubar Das, the Chief Minister of Jharkhand, has recently inaugurated the India’s largest fresh water aquarium “Ranchi Machchli Ghar” at Bhagwan Birsa Munda Biodiversity Park in Ranchi to encourage tourism in the state
- India has donated $1 lakh (Rs 64.49 lakh) to the UN Trust Fund for International Cooperation in Tax Matters (the UN Tax Fund) that helps developing countries actively participate in the discussion of tax issues