- Mairaj Ahmad Khan and Rashmi Rathore won gold in the mixed skeet event at the Asian Shotgun Championship.
- Japanese encephalitis (JE), is an infection of the brain caused by the mosquito-borne Japanese encephalitis virus (JEV)
- The 9 year old Kaamya Karthikeyan became the youngest person to reach the summit of the 6,153 metres-high Mt Stok Kangri in Kashmir.
- Indian Coast Guard ship ‘Shaurya’ commissioned in Goa
- All state-run universities in Rajasthan will not observe a holiday on October 2 on theoccasion of Gandhi Jayanti this year announced on 11th of August 2017.
- Parliamentary panel headed by B C Khanduri recommends 100% pension to widow of deceased soldiers
- The Indian Army has been evicted from a multi-nation tank competition in Tank Biathlon Russia 2017 at Russia due to their T-90 main battle tanks had technical problems at theAlabino ranges in the Moscow region.
- Flipkart has become the third most funded private company globally
- Hike messenger acquires Bengaluru-based tech start-up Creo
- Dilip Asbe appointed as the acting chief executive of NPCI, after A.P. Hota retires
- Lalit Modi resigns from Rajasthan Cricket Association
- N.K. Jemisin Has Won the Hugo for Best Science Fiction Novel
- August 13 – International Lefthanders Day
- World Organ donation day – August 13