- Sushma Swaraj, the Union External Affairs Minister, will inaugurate India’s first Videsh Bhavan on August 27, 2017 at the Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC) in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Andhra Pradesh’s Eastern Power Distribution Company Ltd (EPDCL) and the Southern Power Distribution Corporation of AP Ltd. (SPDCL) have become the India’s first state-owned distribution companies to accept payments through Bharat QR.
- The Haryana government will organize Digital Haryana Summit (DHS) in Gurugram on September 15, 2017 to discuss issues like digital governance, smart living in cities and villages, citizen partnership, entrepreneurship, skilling and geo-governance and sustainability, among others.
- The book “I Do What I Do” has been authored by Rahguram Rajan, the former RBI governor.
- The Cabinet Committee has approved the renaming of the new Central Sector Scheme– SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) as “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY) “for the period of 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle
- EPFO organizes Tiranga Yatra to Commemorate 75th anniversary of Quit India Movement in Mumbai
- Alibaba Founder Jack Ma becomes Asia’s richest person
- London to host 2018 table tennis team World Cup